Transferring data from Quicken Home and Business 2007

cicko alen.siljak at gmx.com
Tue Apr 3 06:14:14 EDT 2018

Hi, Paul,

While this may not directly and completely answer your question, there is
now a wiki page dedicated to this topic:

https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Quicken_Migration

I am in the same boat as you and I have (so far) converted only the current
financial year to GnuCash so that I can run the tax reports off these.
However, I would definitely like to migrate the whole book (some 20 years of
data, I think) just for the sake of being able to access it in the future.
Quicken tends to get old and my original file might not be accessible after
the next Windows update or something similar. I like the fact that, with
GnuCash, all my data can be stored in an sqlite database, which can easily
be read in many other ways.
In any case, any hints and tips for transition will hopefully be assembled
on the wiki page and assist people going through the same process.