gnucash 3.0 crashes opening accounts file

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Apr 3 12:20:20 EDT 2018

> On Apr 3, 2018, at 7:20 AM, pjlbyrne <pjlbyrne at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Huh, the VB script to install gnucash devenv on windows fails silently, and
> the wiki web registration has a broken captcha link - problems problems
> problems!

The VB script isn't very good at error messages and can be frustrating to get right. Fortunately it's for the old Mings-classic environment for 2.6.x and before. You don't really want to use that.

Instead, run mingw64-setup.ps1 with administrator privs. That sets up the Mingw-w64 environment we use to build GnuCash-3.x.

Regards,
John Ralls