MySQL Server connection timeout or keep-alive

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Apr 3 23:54:43 EDT 2018

> On Apr 3, 2018, at 1:06 PM, Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 3 April 2018 at 19:40, Paul Neuwirth <mail at paul-neuwirth.nl <mailto:mail at paul-neuwirth.nl>> wrote:
> I am wondering, if no keep-alive is going to be implemented, if a
> connection loss could be catched and connect again..
> the error message is:
> "Unable to save to database."
>
> That is not unreasonable on connection loss. What happens after that?

I think that the session dies and given the current architecture that’s probably the right thing to do. GnuCash isn’t yet a database front end and the database connection code is tied into loading the database into memory. An outright crash or freeze would be bad, but restarting GnuCash or switching to a different book and switching back is at present the only safe course.

Regards,
John Ralls