Gnucash 3.0 Microsoft Security Essentials Threat Detected

km22 km22 at gmx.com
Wed Apr 4 08:53:34 EDT 2018

Hi,

When I try to download Gnucash 3.0 I get a Microsoft Security Essentials
(MSE) threat detection which then deletes the file.

Screenshot:

Is there a way for the developers to have this file correctly
categorized/assessed by MSE?  It is worrying to see these pop-ups (and
probably the first time I have seen one and hence why I want to be very
careful.) What is the best way for a user to self-assess (i.e. confirm
the file is not a real threat) and proceed with the download/installation?

Thanks,

Ken