Sending data to my accountant

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Apr 5 19:51:52 EDT 2018

On Fri, 6 Apr 2018, Nelson Handcock wrote:

> Most accountants that are familiar with computer-based accounting systems
> should have little trouble figuring out how to get the information they
> need from a copy of your file....

   It all depends on where you live. Here in Oregon accountants must use
proprietary tax preparation software (all requiring Microsoft, of course).

   I send my accountant the balance sheet and income statement as PDF
attachments to an e-mail message for business taxes. For personal I add the
trial balance report so she can extract deductible expenses more easily.
We've been doing this for years.

Rich