gnucash 3.0 crashes opening accounts file

htyber at comcast.net htyber at comcast.net
Fri Apr 6 01:01:25 EDT 2018

I have examined the gnucash.trace file and find one critical error that's
probably causing the crash. Any ideas on how I might address this problem?

* 21:47:50  WARN <gnc.app-utils> Could not spawn perl: Failed to execute
child process (No such file or directory)
* 21:48:06  CRIT <GLib> g_file_test: assertion 'filename != NULL' failed
* 21:48:10  WARN <GLib-GObject> invalid uninstantiatable type '(NULL)' in
cast to 'QofInstance'