Addition of Mailing List Subject Prefix

James Triplett jm-gnucash at vj8.net
Fri Apr 6 11:58:40 EDT 2018

On (06/04/18 11:08), Steve Parry wrote:
> Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2018 11:08:57 +1000
> From: Steve Parry <sparry at vidar.com.au>
> To: 'Gnucash Users' <gnucash-user at gnucash.org>
>
> Hi everyone (especially Admins).
>

> Just wondering if you can add an automatic Subject Prefix in MailMan to all emails from this list (eg [GNC]) so that list emails have a subject like "[GNC] This is a sample Subject". This will enable faster identification of the mailing list emails (of which there are many) when eye scanning and the option to have a mail client rule to filter them into a separate folder.

I think it's a great idea.  My email client makes this Subject Prefix stand out very nicely.
Yes, of course, I could design a filtering algorithm that could re-sort my mail, blah, blah, blah.
But the eye does it very nicely (in my INBOX of about a thousand items, receiving about 100 per day).

cheers,
James
(email sysadmin but newbie GC user)