Currency issue in gnucash Android app

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 17:34:47 EDT 2018

Hi Senthil,

at first a few notes about mailing lists:
* Sending it once is sufficient, more often is annoying.
* Do not send normal mails to gnucash-user-request at gnucash.org
<gnucash-user-request at gnucash.org>, the bot there understands only a few
commands to manage your account.
 * It is not neccessary, to resend the complete digest of that day.
You can find more tips at https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists

Now about your report:
Can you look in your csv file. What do you see in column commodityn?
"INR" or "₹"?

If the csv contains now "₹", open a bug report
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GnuCash
 Component: Import - CSV
Describe, what hapened and report the result of the following trial:

try the following:
Menu Tools->Security  Editor;
Enable "Show National Currencies";
Open the tree of Currencies,
Sort by Symbol (click on the column),
Search INR,
Edit:
 After saving the "₹" e.g. in a text file,
 Replace Display Symbol by "INR"
 OK
Now redo your export and import in the Android app.
Which Symbol do you now see?

You might consider to reset the diplay symbol later.

TIA
Frank