Budgeting loans

Kurt Padilla kurt.padilla at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 10:12:03 EDT 2018

I use a split transaction for my mortgage payment that takes care of
principle, interest, and escrow all at once.

I haven't used the budgeting feature yet, but I use both expenses and cash
flow reports to get a mostly complete financial review every month.

Kurt

On Fri, Apr 6, 2018, 22:10 Andy Pastuszak <apastuszak at gmail.com> wrote:

> I came up with an idea.  I created and asset account called Mortgage
> Payment, and do a transfer of my monthly mortgage payment to that account.
> In that account register, I do 2 transactions, one that pays the mortgage
> and one that pays the principal.  Need to tinker and see how this works for
> budgeting.
>
> On Fri, Apr 6, 2018 at 9:22 PM, Andy Pastuszak <apastuszak at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to find the best way to budget a loan.  The principal and
> > interest of the loan changes every month as you make payments, so it's
> kind
> > of tough to budget them without being forced to adjust the budget amount
> > every single month.  Is there some kind of "best practice" for budgeting
> > loans?
> >
> > Andy Pastuszak

Sent from the Google Inbox Android app. GnuPG encryption available upon
request.