[GNC] Sending data to my accountant

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at dialup4less.com
Sun Apr 8 08:29:17 EDT 2018

On 4/7/2018 7:23 PM, Liz wrote:
> ph hermes wrote:
>> since i have a lot of irrelevant transactions in my account, i prepare
>> reports that affect my taxes. i have a couple of businesses so i like to
>> separate them from each other. then i save the reports as pdf files and
>> send those to my accountant with any cover letter/ extra info.
>>
>>      ph

People should keep in mind that the format into which you export gnucash
reports and the format in which you send to an accountant (or present to
a board) need not be the same.

None of the boards (of the organizations for which I keep books) are
presented the raw reports as produced by gnucash. I use the DATA of
those raw reports to produce the finished product. Not really more work
because that means that I don't have to make the reports exclude
extraneous data (data that is historical). For example, for the
organizations that have interns, vendors paid in some previous period,
etc. there is no reason the board wants to see all these accounts in a
current report (with the amounts all zero for THIS period). Just as easy
to remove these in the after edit as to exclude when running the report.

Thus if the accountant wanted reports in PDF, and assuming you have the
capability to create a PDF from something else, that is simply an after
step.

Michael D Novack