[GNC] switched to mariadb

Paul Neuwirth mail at paul-neuwirth.nl
Mon Apr 9 14:52:19 EDT 2018

> Hi,
> I think this is a bug. where to report? anyone knows a
> workaround/config for that? Or shall I create and suggest a patch on
> my own?
>
> I made a transfer and saving to database failed:
> mysql error: Incorrect datetime value: '19700101000000' for column
> 'timespec_val' at row 1 mysql error: Incorrect datetime value:
> '19700101000000' for column 'reconcile_date' at row 1
>
> I think the function STR_TO_DATE in the query is missing.
>

> Thank you

two few questions I could answer myself (problem not related to
mariadb):

it is definetly a bug, according to mysql documentation
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/date-and-time-literals.html it
is not an allowed format.
workaround: unset global sql mode "STRICT_TRANS_TABLES", which got
default starting from MySQL 5.6

fix should be, to correct these strings, or to set SQL Mode on
client side not to use STRICT_TRANS_TABLES.