[GNC] encoding bug in 3.0

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Tue Apr 10 08:07:40 EDT 2018

Op zaterdag 7 april 2018 07:29:34 CEST schreef René Romijn:
> Hi Colin,
>
> That won't work entirly because gnucash is looking for the reports at the
> Documents .gnucash directory, because it cannot find them gnucash is using
> the Temp directory for the custom reports.

That's not completely correct. As of gnucash 3.0 custom reports are searched
for in
CSIDL_APPDATA\gnucash
which would typically translate to
c:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Roaming\gnucash

The first time you run gnucash 3.0 the files in your .gnucash directory should
be migrated there.

Does that directory exist and hold a file named saved-reports-2.8 ? Or other
files starting with saved-reports ?

I guess not since you mention gnucash is using the Temp directory, which it
only does if the CSIDL_APPDATA\gnucash directory can't be used (read-only,
inaccessible, impossible to create).

Can you also post the contents of your trace file [1] ? Ideally the one from
when you first ran gnucash 3.0, but I suspect all tracefiles from 3.0 will
hold the same warnings regarding the path.

Regards,

Geert