[GNC] GDPR and data held in GnuCash

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 08:24:55 EDT 2018

I found this a useful link [1] along with the rest of that website.
The GDPRs apply to businesses and also to non-profits such as clubs.
As I understand it all organisations have to have a Privacy Policy and
need to get explicit agreement from all those they hold personal data
on in order to keep their data.

However I believe that any data that is required for 'contractual'
reasons is not covered.  When one sells anything there is an implicit
(or explicit) contract so I assume (though I have no qualifications in
this area) that customer data required for invoices and so on would
not be covered.  However if I were a business with customer data I
would be asking my legal guy about this.

Colin

[1] https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/resources-and-support/data-protection-self-assessment/