[GNC] Addition of Mailing List Subject Prefix

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Wed Apr 11 11:38:07 EDT 2018

On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 10:17:59AM -0500, Adrien Monteleone wrote:

> My questions were rhetorical as I noted in a later reply to him. I knew what his mail client was and what its abilities are. (I could see it in the header) My point was that if he wants to ‘filter’ his mail, he has the tools to do so and they are not difficult to use. In fact, in his reply, he noted that he does physically filter mail into some 80 folders with about 154 different filtering rules. He just doesn’t *feel* like doing it with the list.

> Another user seemed to imply that his mail client could not do filtering. I found excerpts (and provided links) to the manual which described specifically how to manage mailing-list mail. Perhaps he wasn’t aware of this feature. I haven’t heard back.

I was aware of it; but that is not how I wanted to see email from a list. I want
the original sender preserved (that is sometimes relevant) but also an
indication of which list -- the [GNC] does that very nicely - as does the
equivalent on all other lists that I am subscribed to.

> Seriously? Everyone has to have this tag added because *some* people either don’t know how or don’t *want* to use the features of their own e-mail client?

Different people want/do things differently. This list now works as most other
lists do.

If you dislike it that much - can you not get your MUA to remove it ?

It is clear that consensus will not be reached - which is why I did not reply to
you earlier.

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  https://www.phcomp.co.uk/