[GNC] Online Banking

Steve Cohen stevecoh2 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 16:37:01 EDT 2018

In GnuCash 3.0, I tried to enable online banking in accessing
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Setting_up_OFXDirectConnect_in_GnuCash_2

(I had previous made an unsuccessful attempt to do this with 2.6.x).

The first thing I found was that after launching Tools --> Online
Banking Setup, I got a popup window that would not close.

Possibly something is not set up right.

I see the following:

> GnuCash now uses AqBanking as a means to handle connections to financial institutions. GnuCash must be configured using --enable-hbci and --enable-ofx in order for OFXDirectConnect to be available. Note: --enable-hbci is really two things at once. It means --enable-aqbanking and --enable-hbci. Although there isn't an --enable-aqbanking per se. But you need AqBanking for DirectConnect, which is why you need to --enable-hbci.

Hmmm: "why you need to --enable-hbci"

What does this mean?  Launch gnucash with this parameter?  Put it into
some configuration file before (or after) building?  And if so, which file?

And does any of this apply to 3.x?

Thanks in advance for your answer.