[GNC] Gnucash ver. 3.0 app installation for Mac OS ver. 10.13.4

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Apr 14 20:29:38 EDT 2018

> On Apr 14, 2018, at 9:44 AM, ROBERT KUCHTA <robertkuchta at icloud.com> wrote:
>

> I am using GnuCash 2.6.19. I received your message, that I could now install GnuCash 3.0. dmg. I have tried it, but it does not work.
>
> I get the message “Verifying GnuCash app, then I am asked to open it, but when I tick “open”, nothing happens.
>
> In the “Finder” the app GnuCash 3.0 can be seen under “Devices”, but I cannot open it. There is also GnuCash 2.6.19 listed an that app can be opened.
>
> I am using a Mac OS ver. 10.13.4
>
> Can you please help? Thank you very much in advance.

The "GnuCash 3.0" in the Finder side bar is *not* Gnucash.app, it's a mounted disk image *containing* Gnucash.app. Click on it and its contents will display in the Finder window. Locate Gnucash.app (it may just say Gnucash if you haven't set "show extensions" in Finder's View Options dialog) and drag it to another folder. If you want to keep GnuCash 2.6.19 around, either rename it or put GnuCash 3.0 in a different folder.

Now you can double-click the relocated Gnucash.app to start it.

Regards,
John Ralls