[GNC] Digest, V 181, I 72, M 8: "Help" (Locked Files)

Richard Marmor Richard at Arbour.cc
Mon Apr 16 14:34:13 EDT 2018

   With Gnucash closed, go to the Gnucash's data files. There, find and
   delete
   any files with the suffix .LNK or .LCK  then restart Gnucash.
   Source: section 2.6.3 at
   [1]https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v2.6/C/gnucash-guide/basics-backup1.htm
   At 11:23 AM Monday, gnucash-user-request at gnucash.org wrote:

     Message: 8
     Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 20:43:02 +0300
     From: Lesley Burton <lesleyaburton at gmail.com>
     To: gnucash-user at gnucash.org
     Subject: [GNC] Help
     I updated GNU-cash last month with the update and am unable to open
     my accounts now I keep getting an error message saying ?Gnucash
     could not obtain the lock for [2]file://C: followed by the path and
     underbit saying the database is in use by another user. If I ask it
     to open anyway it just all closes down. I am running windows 10!
     Many thanks
     Lesley