[GNC] GnuCash3.0 Crashing on Startup

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Tue Apr 17 08:49:46 EDT 2018

Op zondag 15 april 2018 17:05:12 CEST schreef Judi Atkinson:
> I just installed GnuCash for the first time yesterday. No prior version
> install on my Win 10Pro system. I have entered only 10 customers and about
> 16 transactions, but more often than not, when I open the program, the lock
> from the previous time I opened is still on and I cannot open it. It
> usually takes about 5-10 tries of "Open Anyway", open as read only, etc. to
> get the file to open. I have had the most success trying to open, letting
> it crash and tell windows about the crash, then deleting the lock file,
> reopening as read only and then saving as a different file name. Once I do
> that, and it takes several tries, I can then open the original file as the
> lock is off it. I have output all transactions to a CSV file and can't see
> any errors (but as a newbie, I don't really know what I'm looking for!).
> Any help is appreciated. This is too much work to make it worthwhile!
> Judi

I presume you are talking about gnucash 3.0. There are several issues in that
version on Windows that can cause the behaviour you descibe.
There is a nightly build with several fixes available here:
https://wiki.gnucash.org/builds/win32/maint/gnucash-3.0-2018-04-17-git-3.0-75-g87f94abc8+.setup.exe
Can you test this version and let us know if this one works better ?

Regards,

Geert