[GNC] .log files with sqlite backend

cicko alen.siljak at gmx.com
Wed Apr 18 03:12:32 EDT 2018

While I was using xml backend in the past couple of weeks, I finally realized
how backup files and .log files work. I really like the scheme as, before
that, I had a script that creates backups of sqlite book in the same manner
(and deletes the .log files).

Now, back to using sqlite book, I notice the difference: the .log files get
created but not the backup files. Is this intentional or accidental?

I guess it is still possible to replay the .log files that contain the
missing transactions (in case of an error). Has anyone actually tried this
with an sqlite book?

It's just that the automatic backup files are not generated. For this I have
a Python script that does exactly the same as xml backup - it appends the
date/time to the file name and copies it to the backup folder, and keeps the
last n copies. I should probably redo that to work based on time and keep
last n days, for example.

Just looking to get some background info to confirm the best recovery
procedure in case of a failure.
Cheers