[GNC] Transaction Engine (Making Tax Digital)

Richard Crozier richard.crozier at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 18 04:00:03 EDT 2018

Dear HMRC,

When the transaction engine protocol for implementation of Making Tax
Digital is released, will you be releasing a free software library which
will represent a reference implementation of the protocol?

I assume you must of course have such a library for internal testing.
Releasing such a library will be essential to allow free software
communities to develop tools to implement the new Making Tax Digital
paradigm. This would also demonstrate your commitment to not adding
significant additional costs to small businesses through the
implementation of Making Tax Digital.

What licence will the reference library be released under, and in what
programming language will it be implemented?

I have CC'd the gnucash mailing list for their reference (gnucash is one
of the leading free and open source accounting packages).

Best regards,

Richard Crozier