[GNC] [GNC-dev] GnuCash 3.0 wine versus Windoze 10

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 04:08:45 EDT 2018

Gnucash runs better on a Linux system than it does on Windows.  My
understanding is that it is Linux s/w adapted to run on Windows.  So if you
want to run Ubuntu ( which is an excellent idea) then run GC natively on
that, not under wine.  You will be able to install gnucash from the
software manager, it will install a 2.x version not 3.x as that has not yet
worked its way into the repositories.

For recovering your data boot of a live Ubuntu DVD/USB stick and then you
will be able to copy the files off the disc onto another stick or network
drive.

Colin