[GNC] New User Needs Set-Up Help

Fross, Michael michael at fross.org
Wed Apr 18 12:21:36 EDT 2018

Hello Jack,

Please remember to reply to all or at least include the GNUCash-User list
in your responses.

GNC is just like most applications.  There is a program.  There are program
settings.  And there is the data file.  No different that a word
processor.  I suppose one difference is that when you startup GNC, it
automatically loads the last data file you were working on.  This is
fantastic.

As David mentions, if you want to start a brand new empty data file, just
choose File | New File and create one.  It's really that easy.  If you use
your OS to delete the old file, then it can't "auto-open" in the tool and
you'll have to create a new one.  Just make sure you know where you've
placed it.  It should be in it's own folder so the backups that occur
continually don't clutter up other folders.

If you actually want to remove GNC from your system, just remove it like
you would remove other programs.  However the setting and datafile will
remain and I don't think that will buy you anything.

Michael