[GNC] Version 3.0 does not record a scheduled transaction properly on Windows 10

David Reiser dbreiser at icloud.com
Wed Apr 18 20:56:20 EDT 2018

> On Apr 18, 2018, at 5:46 PM, Keith N. McKenna <keith.mckenna at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> I have a scheduled transaction that fires on the third Wednesday of the
> month to record my Social Security disbursement. The transaction is set
> to create automatically.  Today when I opened GnuCash it informed me
> that the transaction was created yet when I look in the Checking Account
> the deposit is not recorded. When I check the Income Account the other
> half of the transaction is recorded properly. I do not see this listed
> as a known problem in the Release Announcement for 3.0. Should this be
> submitted as a bug? GnuCash version is:Version: 3.0.
> Build ID: git 3.0+ (2018-04-01)
>
> Regards
> Keith McKenna

Try doing something to force the checking account register to refresh. (create a new transaction, for example)

I think a better description of your problem is that the scheduled transaction processing doesn’t force a refresh of any open registers. Any action that does cause a display update will likely reveal the ‘missing' transaction.

There is a bug entered about it. It might be gtk3 specific, as I haven’t noticed it prior to gnucash 3.0.
--
Dave Reiser
dbreiser at icloud.com