[GNC] splits 3+ accounts, how to

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri Apr 20 01:50:11 EDT 2018

Peter,

Not sure what you mean by 3-way split.

Do you mean 3 splits total? Certainly, that is possible.

A transaction can have many, many splits.

One split will be a debit.
One will be a credit.
The others will either be debits or credits as needed, BUT...

The total of all debits must be the same as the total of all credits.

For a simple example:

Dr. Expenses:Dining	$100
Dr. Expenses:Tips	$ 20
	Cr. Assets:Cash		$120

That’s a transaction with 3 splits that balances. Is this similar to what you are trying to accomplish?

Regards,
Adrien