[GNC] Gnucash 3 crashes on Win10

cicko alen.siljak at gmx.com
Tue Apr 24 04:15:16 EDT 2018

Hi,

If you look at http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/ you should notice at
least a dozen threads with the same or quite similar titles, expressing
issues with starting GnuCash 3.0 on Windows (10 usually).

That should give a fair indication of what can be expected. Of course, it
should be fairly painless to revert back to the stable situation by -
uninstalling GnuCash 3.0 and replacing the upgraded book file with the copy
made before the upgrade.

For production use, you could upgrade to the latest 2.x version (2.6.21, I
believe) and wait for the next stable release in 3.x series.

Or, if you really need something from v3, you can try installing one of the
nightly Windows builds (normally the latest) from
https://code.gnucash.org/builds/win32/maint/.

If you check the updates at
https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/commits/maint, you will notice that there
have been several fixes that might apply to your book.
Other threads, mentioned at the top of this message, might contain useful
pieces of advice, like fixing dates, etc.

Having said all that, on Windows I am using the v3.0 nightly from 19th of
this month and it works well for all my use cases.