[GNC] GnuCash 3.0 Crashing on "Find Bill"

kstingel 33mail at kstingel.com
Wed Apr 25 15:12:16 EDT 2018

I'm not sure if this error has been reported yet but after creating a
new file and adding 4 Vendors and 3 Bills,
the "Find Bill" dialog is causing gnuCash (on Windows 10) to crash.

This is a new chart of accounts, with two account transactions ... a
deposit and and a payment to a vendor which
at the time had no bills posted - I was trying to create an initial
credit balance for my first posted invoice, which
appeared to work fine

I have completely restarted the PC, to ensure it wasn't a memory issue
as I was referring to PDF copies of the invoices
- that didn't seem to help. So far I have only seen the crash when
trying to find an unposted Bill so that I could post it.

To my knowledge, the only way to access unposted Bills is via the "Find
Bill" subroutine, so the crash issue is proving very frustrating

EDIT switching from a file (xml) based account book to MySQL has allowed
me to use "Find Bill" again