[GNC] Failure to maintain check numbering

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed Apr 25 22:44:12 EDT 2018

Gerald,

I’m not certain about this so you’ll have to experiment.

Scheduled transactions (‘SX’ for short) can use variables and formulas, at least in the amount fields. (the part I’m not sure about is the NUM field)

Enter checknum*1 for example. When the transaction fires, it should prompt you to enter the check number. (By using the “*1” you aren’t changing the number from your entry. You could optionally use ‘checknum+1’ but you’d have to enter the previous number for this to work. Of course ‘checknum’ is a variable name of your choice.)

Unfortunately, I don’t know of anyway to get a SX to feed off info from other transactions, in your case, previous check numbers. So this is probably not very useful other than to force an entry and possibly avoid duplicates. You could otherwise leave the field blank and add it when reviewing the transaction.

It is highly likely however, that the NUM field can’t take formulas. I haven’t tested this.

Regards,
Adrien