[GNC] Runtime error

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sat Apr 28 04:31:51 EDT 2018

Op woensdag 25 april 2018 16:29:04 CEST schreef Anthony Marrian:
> I'm currently running 2.6.21. Trying for 3.0 fails (as it's loading the
> data) with:
>
> *******
> Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
>
> Runtime Error!
>
> Program: c:\program files (x486)\gnucash\bin\gnucash.exe
>
> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way
> *******
>
> Any ideas as to how to troubleshoot this? OS is Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

There are several known crasher bugs in gnucash 3.0 on Windows. You could try
again with a more recent nightly build
https://code.gnucash.org/builds/win32/maint/gnucash-3.0-2018-04-27-git-3.0-94-g74fd6e046+.setup.exe
This is not an official release, but  it has all the changes so far that will
go into the next release. Most of those changes are directly addressing the
windows issues.

Can you let us know how it works for you ?

Geert