[GNC] gnucash v2.6 new install can't open on lubuntu 16.04?

Vince Hall hallvince13 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 07:22:43 EDT 2018

 On 04/28/2018 09:12 AM, Colin Law wrote:

On 28 April 2018 at 08:03, vince <hallvince13 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello the list,
> I've installed the above version of gnucash on lubuntu 16.04,(also a new
> install) and cannot get gnucash to open. This is on a older Dell precision
> workstation 390.
>
> The gnucash.trace report in /var says "* 08:22:27 OTHER <GLib-GIO>
> Settings schema 'org.gnucash.general' is not installed"
>
> This is something that's never happened before and I've used gnucash since
> ubuntu 7.04.
> I'm running the same version of gnucash on a netbook using Bodhi Linux v
> 4.5 and it's working perfectly!
>
> Any help or suggestions would really be appreciated.

Do you see any errors from
sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

How did you install gnucash and what do the following commands show
which gnucash
apt-cache policy gnucash

Colin

Hello Colin,
Thanks so much for your quick reply.

To answer your questions. 1. No errors on update or dist-upgrade. 2. I
installed from the repository's using synaptic.
3. which gnucash = usr/bin/gnucash. 4. apt-cache policy gnucash =
Installed: 1:2.6.12-1
  Candidate: 1:2.6.12-1
  Version table:
 *** 1:2.6.12-1 500