[GNC] accounts setup for a cooperation with members

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at dialup4less.com
Sat Apr 28 08:48:36 EDT 2018

On 4/25/2018 8:50 AM, Martina di Vertacollini wrote:
>     Hi Everybody,
>
>     I am new to GnuCash and wish to set up the financial administration for
>     a cooperation with members/owners.
>
>     Can anybody help me with this?
>
>     --
>     Martina di Vertacollini
You problem is not "how to do this using gnucash" but "how to do this
however the bookkeeping is done". In  other words, basic accounting for
corporations << seek out a suitable text >>

That said, what kind of corporation* is this? A for profit? A
non-profit? What jurisdiction are you operating in and what filings must
you be able to do for this jurisdiction?

Michael D Novack

* For example, in the US there are different sorts of corporations.
Since you refer to "members/owners" rather than "stockholders" could be
one of the "pass through: sort like S corporations or LLCs.