[GNC] Gnucash 3.1 crashes on Windows 10 while loading Reports-Gnome

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Apr 29 17:58:08 EDT 2018

> On Apr 29, 2018, at 12:28 PM, Peter Jackson <jackson at fastmail.net> wrote:
>
> Thank you for v 3.1, which on a clean install, opens my gnucash file and
> runs perfectly.
> However, if I install it over my existing 2.6.21 application, v3.1 crashes
> as it is loading ...../Reports-Gnome.
> Of course I want to be able to do this so that I can run my Saved Reports,
> especially Cindy's excellent Consolidated Transaction report.
> Will the ability to install over 2.6.21 and convert the reports be
> addressed in a later release?

Sounds like the Doughty reports aren't compatible with the changes in GnuCash's API; I'd guess that it has to do with date handling. They're not part of GnuCash and the GnuCash development team doesn't support them. Since nothing has been heard from the author in almost a year it seems that they're not interested in supporting the reports either. Sorry.

Regards,
John Ralls