[GNC] Closing and reopening Gnucash

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Thu Aug 2 21:43:55 EDT 2018

He did indicate a few messages ago that he’s using Kubuntu 18.04.

But overall, good advice, regardless.

FYI, from another recent discussion I glean from one of the devs that those transaction log files are not needed or even useful once a successful save has taken place. That is, only the most recent log file (between the last successful save and a crash state) is needed to replay the transactions back into the file. You can routinely safely delete the older ones. They won’t be used or needed. I use the sqlite3 backend, so I don’t get log files anymore, but perhaps one or more of the settings in Preferences can trim those down a bit for you.

Regards,
Adrien