[GNC] Cannot save custom checks

Mike stagl m_stagl at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 6 14:46:10 EDT 2018

After doing some more investigating, I found that the custom check-saving feature works flawlessly on a different computer.

I ended up using that computer to save a custom check format, then I copied and pasted that .chk file from the working computer to the desktop computer that I am unable to save custom checks on.  I restarted GnuCash on the desktop, and viola!  I have a custom check format to choose from!

While I cannot edit the custom check from within GnuCash, I can manually edit the .chk file with a text editor to tweak the format as needed.

While this is not a solution, it is an effective work-around if anyone else has an issue like this.

Thanks again to all the contributors,

Mike