[GNC] Hidden accounts and balances

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Fri Aug 10 09:19:41 EDT 2018

Sounds like a bug or mis-feature in quicken to me.  I think I'd prefer that my
accounts package didn't hide money from me.

Seriously, though thinking about it for a second, what financial institution
would allow you to close an account you held with them and leave a running
balance for the rest of eternity?  (apologies to those planning a meal at the
Restaurant at the End of the Universe as featured in Hitchhikers Guide to the
Galaxy)

If you're hiding an Income / Expense account then surely you don't want to
regard that money as no longer earned / spent? It would throw everything out
of whack, IMHO.

0.02
Maf.