[GNC] Error in Finance:Quote

Shokster ashok.sinha at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 12:16:43 EDT 2018

Hi all, sorry if this is not the right place (if so, please advise) for this
post.

I'm having a hard time trying to get GnuCash to 'Get Quotes'. It throws an
error saying 'Unable to retrieve quotes for these items: Currency:INR
Continue using only the good quotes? Yes/No'.

I've got just the 1 security for now. It's a mutual fund code 101143 at
https://www.amfiindia.com/spages/NAVAll.txt

Seems like it's setup ok on Security editor.
<http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/t308877/security_editor.jpg>

So, I've had a crash course into running perl modules, and ran (from a
run.bat file):

perl "C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\bin\gnc-fq-dump" indiamutual 125112
pause

This works as:
<http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/t308877/console.jpg>

But I can't figure out why the 'Get Quote' via GnuCash won't work! :(

>From reading around, there seems to be a major shift (to Alpha Vantage) that
shouldn't be relevant to this case?

Currently, I work with Excel, and will port my accounts to GnuCash if the
price editor can import mutual fund NAV's.