[GNC] Getting CAGR for stocks/accounts

Megagrumpy megagrumpy at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 11 03:16:54 EDT 2018

I have been trying to find a way to be able to get a true performance of
investments which I think is best shown by calculating the CAGR over the
life of that investment. The Advanced Portfolio report gives the overall
increase as a percentage but this is meaningless if comparing investments
with differing purchase dates or where there have been significant dividends
over time or reinvestments. I currently download the information into a
spreadsheet and have a separate calculation where I calculate the CAGR -
unfortunately I have to add dividends etc manually for each share which
takes a long time! is there any way in GC to be able to calculate this?