[GNC] Reconciliation flag revision

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Aug 13 13:59:04 EDT 2018

There is a warning. You get to continue to edit the transaction and thus clear the flag, or cancel and don’t edit the transaction. There is not an option to both edit and not clear the flag.

Note, the flag only clears for amounts, accounts, NUM, and I suspect dates, but I didn’t test that last one yet.

As John Ralls noted in an earlier reply, NUM was added as a trigger for this in response to a bug report. NUM might be a check number, which should not be changed once reconciled. (at least not without confirming this by re-reconciling)

The casual user simply should re-reconcile the account if you really need to change one of these fields. If you don’t want to do it on the spot, simply mark that split as cleared ‘c’ and it will be checked off for you on the next reconciliation. Since you aren’t changing the amounts, this will not throw off the reconciliation calculations. It will just be ‘cleaning up’ and confirming that transaction is now correct.

Regards,
Adrien