[GNC] Reconciliation flag revision

D sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 13 14:27:18 EDT 2018

While I certainly understand the concern that editing a transaction dereconciles it, there are a couple of points I'd raise.

First, if you are editing a reconciled transaction, you are probably pretty aware of it (and the dialog message Gnucash puts up should make it obvious).

Second, editing a reconciled transaction in most cases should be an exceptional event; if your practice is to change these after reconciliation, then it falls to you to consider the ramifications.

Finally, it is not too burdensome to simply rereconcile your account after you've changed your transactions.

All of which is to say that Gnucash uses reasonable assumptions about the predominant use cases, and acts (IMO) in reasonable ways to common use actions in this specific regard.

David T.