[GNC] Disconnect between balance on client list and account statement

rmomxtx at gmail.com rmomxtx at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 20:38:38 EDT 2018

I have a customer who ended the last fiscal year (school year) with a zero
balance owed but still shows owing $1500 in the customer overview but her
statement shows zero balance. I use the customer overview to manage overdue
accounts by sorting according to the balance due. In her case it should be
zero but isn't. If I give her a credit note the customer overview will show
the correct amount but the statement will be off by the same amount. She
paid ahead last year and I posted the total amount she paid against the
invoice due at that time leaving a balance in her favor. I paid each
following invoice with the credit balance. In every other case this works
perfectly.

I can't find where the error is or how to correct it.  If I can't figure out
how to correct it, one option is to deactivate her customer account attached
to last year's invoices and create a new account for her and start all over
this year.

What think ye?

Thanks for the help,

Roger