[GNC] GC 3.2 Import Price File CSV

Deva - pobox.deva at outlook.in
Wed Aug 15 12:56:13 EDT 2018

Thanks. I just recreated a new GC datafile with just 1 security definition as shown in your screenshot.

I put your CSV price entry in a text file and imported it but gives me the error you have shown.

Here’s why -

Your security definition is ABF.L, but your CSV file has this set to ABF. Change the CSV file to ABF.L (I know you said you tried this before and it still didn’t work, but we are not done yet).

Next, change the date format on the import screen from m-d-y to d-m-y. Now you will see your CSV price data being accepted. Click Next and Apply to import the price.

Of course, the question remains as to why the date format needs to change because the date 12/08/2018 should have been understood as 12-Aug (if the format was taken as d-m-y) and as 8-Dec (if the format was taken as m-d-y). From your stock and currency, I am guessing the date you intended was 12-Aug, so change the date format to match the data.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.