[GNC] Next release of F::Q

Erik Colson eco at ecocode.net
Thu Aug 16 05:20:42 EDT 2018

Hello all,

I'm on some extended vacation and will be back home next week.  My
intent is to release F::Q from master at the end of this month.

The alphavantage module has undergone some modifications which should
make it more reliable since we can now tell the module at which speed it
can question the alphavantage API.

Before releasing F::Q, I would like as many feedback as possible on the
best working arguments.  You can therefor play with the following
variables in the Alphavantage.pm file:

my $maxQueries = { quantity =>20 , seconds => 65}; # no more than x queries per y seconds

Probably we should now set quantity to 5 and seconds to 61, but maybe
there are some better values?  The values above seem to work pretty well
on my automated home system.  Sometimes queries get rejected, but the
module is now smart enough to insert a delay if alphavantage API refuses
to answer queries.

The purpose of next release is to fix the problems with Alphavantage
speed control, so I won't add any other commits to other modules for
this release.  I've seen some messages on github concerning
Alphavantage.pm and will read those while enhancing the module.

best
--
erik colson