[GNC] gnucash crashing in ubuntu 14.04

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 15:51:02 EDT 2018

On Sat, 18 Aug 2018 at 17:45, Proberts042 <proberts42 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Running gnucash in Ubuntu 14.04 inside a Oracle VirtualBox. gnucash keeps
> crashing while I am performing inputs, nothing unusual. Crashed three times
> in two hours. I get an error report but can't find a way to copy it out and
> include in this message.

What do you mean by an error report?  Do you mean in the trace file?  If so
then in a terminal run
gedit /tmp/gnucash.trace
which should open the trace file.  Then copy/paste here.

That assumes that the trace file is in the normal place when run in
VirtualBox, I don't know whether that is the case.

Colin