[GNC] Next release of F::Q

Erik Colson eco at ecocode.net
Sun Aug 19 14:51:10 EDT 2018

brad <bradhaack at fastmail.us> writes:

> My version of AlphaVantage.pm in
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.26.1/Finance/Quote/AlphaVantage.pm has no
> maxQueries variable. I just ran gnc-fq-update. Do we need to get the
> latest from github?

Hello Brad,

You need to get the whole F::Q from github master branch.  F::Q is
developed using Dist::Zilla.  So you need to install Dist::Zilla first,
get F::Q either with "git clone" or download the zip-file at
https://github.com/finance-quote/finance-quote/archive/master.zip.

Then run "dzil install" from the command line to actually install F::Q.
Dzil will probably ask you to install some dependencies, just follow the
instructions given.

You will then have a version F::Q 1.48 installed.  It is however a
pre-release version and therefor you will have to force install F::Q
1.48 once finally released.

If you are not familiar with command-line and git, or if you hardly
understand what this does, I wouldn't recommend to install F::Q from
github at all.

best
--
erik colson