[GNC] Cannot change preferences

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 12:44:17 EDT 2018

On Mon, 20 Aug 2018 at 16:19, Ken Heard <kenslists at teksavvy.com> wrote:

> I have discovered that I do not have a file ~/.config/dconf. Perhaps the
> absence of such a fine has prevented my from changing any of my gnucash
> preferences. So I suppose my next step is somehow to create one, yes?

Well since the proposed fix was to delete it and let dconf recreate it then
no.  It should have been created automatically.  What does
ps -aux|grep dconf
show?  I suspect it will show that dconf-service is not running.
Also can you reboot then run
cat /var/log/syslog | grep dconf
to see if there are any dconf messages in the log
and
ls -al ~/|grep \\.config
to check the ownership and settings on .config

Colin