[GNC] Gnucash 3 in the Debian / Ubuntu pipeline?

Plutocrat plutocrat at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 23:17:41 EDT 2018

gnucash-user-request at gnucash.org wrote on Tuesday, 21 August, 2018 08:41 AM:
> Just curious...  It has been almost a year since Gnucash was removed to
> Debian testing.
>
> It has (re)entered SID on 7/4, and there it sits...
>
> Who is responsible for working on the "excuses" for why is stays in
> SID: https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/gnucash, and has not migrated to

As it was explained to me, if you can couch the reason for upgrade from 2.6 to 3.2 as a Bug Fix, rather than just a version / feature upgrade, it will likely get more attention. And I'd guess if it fixes any _security_ issues, that would be added impetus. So perhaps we could scrape together a list of bugs, the more serious the better?

On a related note, it seems that as flatpak is available across all distributions, perhaps the way forward for gnucash, would be to make a single, gnucash-sanctioned flatpak version available that would run anywhere on any distribution, and just focus on keeping that up to date. And obviously one which fixes the current mysql issues with the user-produced flatpak version out there currently.

P.