[GNC] Cannot change preferences

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 04:24:24 EDT 2018

On Mon, 20 Aug 2018 at 23:31, Ken Heard <kenslists at teksavvy.com> wrote:

> Just now I ran command "dconf update" which returned the following:
> error: Error opening directory '/etc/dconf/db': No such file or         directory

It seems there is something basically wrong with your system, the
question is what?  How did you install Debian?

Also post the contents of the file .xsession-errors after running
dconf-editor and attempting to save changes.

When you run dconf-editor in a terminal and attempt to save something
is there anything shown in the terminal?

Colin