[GNC] Gnucash 3 in the Debian / Ubuntu pipeline?

GWB gwb at 2realms.com
Thu Aug 23 01:43:07 EDT 2018

Mystery solved, thank you.  That makes sense: after installing
xfce4-desktop, and a few other "gnomish" reliant apps, most of
gnome-desktop is there.  Installing gnucash then pretty much downloads
the rest of gnome-desktop for the dependencies.  KDM apps do pretty
much the same, and after installing a few, it's only a few packages
away from installing the rest of kdm-desktop (I always liked KDE, and
Plasma over Unity and Gnome3).  But I think gnome-desktop is by far
the largest (and most memory intensive) of them all.  I could be
wrong, however.

I tried working with Cocoa using an older XCode.  I thought it was
pretty difficult, but I'm not a gui based developer.

Looking at the dependencies, I see why gnucash resides in the Gnome
Ghetto (Ubuntu naming style!) category.

Gordon