[GNC] Balsheet-eg.scm problem

Stephen M. Butler kg7je at arrl.net
Thu Aug 23 11:51:16 EDT 2018

On 08/23/2018 06:17 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> "Stephen M. Butler" <kg7je at arrl.net> writes:
>
>> I tripped over a few more typos that seemingly were unrelated to the
>> errors produced.
>>
>> I can get this set of files to work usurping the balsheet-eg.scm
>> report.  If I change that back to balsheet-fmtd.scm (and fix the name
>> dependencies in the file), it isn't seen by GNC.
>>
>> Moving the files down to standard-reports throws other errors that I
>> can't figure out.  So, what has to happen to get the report to load
>> independent of balsheet-eg?
> Basically, the issue being reported is that it is trying to find "gnucash
> report balsheet-eg" but it can't.  WHY it thinks there is "no code for
> module" is a different question.  One possibility is caching -- you
> should definitely clear your guile cache.  You can also "touch" the .scm
> files to make them look newer so they get recompiled.
>
> I was under the impression that all the files in standard-reports get
> auto-loaded.  So just pulling a new report in there should be
> sufficient.  HOWEVER the e-guile reports MIGHT be different.
>
> Also, ensure the file name and path matches the module name.
>
> -derek

Thanks Derek.  I've reverted back to usurping the balsheet eguile
names.  My version is running that way and since my purpose was to clean
up some things I didn't like about the eguile version, I don't need to
keep it around.

One of these days I should take time to learn the language instead of
hacking at it.  If anyone has insights on how to get an eguile report
loaded in standard-reports (and I don't see any others there so it may
not be possible), I'd like to have that input.

Maybe I can learn the language over winter!

--Steve

--
Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM
Stephen.M.Butler51 at gmail.com