[GNC] AlphaVantage deal

Ethan Swint eswint at vt.edu
Thu Aug 23 11:51:32 EDT 2018

I recently inquired with AlphaVantage about providing something between
their free 1 quote/20 seconds and their $20/month offering of 1 request / 4
seconds with premium support.

I think most users here are on the once-a-day sync between GnuCash and the
markets, so I proposed a tier that would provide 128 queries/day at 2
queries/second before dropping back down to the free level of 1 quote / 20
seconds for a monthly fee of USD$5/month. AlphaVantage expressed
willingness to provide something along those lines - what do you folks
think? Would this be something worth $5/mo, $10/mo, or are most users happy
at the free levels?

Regards,
Ethan