[GNC] Veihicle mileage cost such in HomeBank?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Aug 25 14:25:05 EDT 2018

On Sat, 25 Aug 2018, Riccardo Delpopolo Carciopolo wrote:

> Thank you for answering, but I could not understand the difference between
> an accounting program and a personal finance management program. I've
> successfully used gnucash to track my expenses for some month, but I
> really miss a way to track the mileage of my car. Would be nice such
> functionality.

Riccardo,

   Tracking vehicle milage has nothing to do with finance, bookkeeping, or
accounting. I recommend you use a spreadsheet to track the milage.

> Anyway, probably I have to switch to a software that meets my needs.

   Your choice. For monetary data GnuCash is outstanding. For other data,
such as vehicle milage, a spreadsheet, database, or plain text file is more
apprpropriate.

   Would you consider vehicle milage an asset, expense, liability, or equity?
If none of the above then it does not belong in financial software any more
than would records of your clothing sizes.

Regards,

Rich